My son is insane.... but I am soooo proud of him!!!

I have been doing a workout of a totally different kind: acting as support crew to my son in his Celtman Extreme Triathlon!

This entailed for him: 3.4k swim, 202k bike ride, 42k mountain marathon (including two peaks!)..... he did all this yesterday. With a time of 15 hours and 20 mins he was 29th out of 170 finishers. (There were around 60 non-finishers). Swim took him 54 minutes. Ride took approx 7 hours and marathon took about 7 and a half hours!

My task in all this: driving him everywhere (we did 1500 miles in four days), drying his feet and rubbing them to get warm after the swim, helping to take his wetsuit off, checking he had all his gear, following him in a support car dishing out drinks and gels for the 202k, running to a Transition point 400m further to give him a hat, sitting waiting biting my nails during his run time and of course.... huge hugs on the finish line, oh and tears!!!

We got up at 2.15 a.m. on Saturday morning, after the event dropped him off at the hotel at 9.30 p.m., but we still had to pick up the car of his support runner, so hubby and me ended up doing a 21 hour day! But it was all so worth it! I am so proud of my son! What an achievement!

But when somebody asked him if he was going to do it again next year I said NO!!!!!🀣🀣🀣

#insaneidiotbutamazingson

#proudestmumever

#neveragainbutsoworthit

We still have to drive 600 miles tomorrow to go home. Oh and foodwise: don’t ask.... it was bad eating from beginning to rnd πŸ™ˆ but FB I will be back on Tuesday πŸ€ͺ

Edited