Throwback: 8 rounds, anyone? Anyone?

After a rest day yesterday, day 18 of FBfit 2 seemed a bit too low key today, so I subbed in this golden oldie: Upper Body Tabata

https://youtu.be/mGSBbizjLMg

I've always loved these 8 round killers... the lower body and core versions are a favorite of mine too.

I enjoy the burn from hitting a muscle group over and over. I also decided to lower my weights and focus on my core because I've always skipped the "tuck in your belly" part.... the lighter weights and the multiple rounds helped me to focus on my core some more. My posture has been suffering lately and I still have that mamma kangaroo pouch LOL. Persistance is key to a stronger core!

I also used a physio ball instead of my bench since my usual workout space was occupied by my hard working singer/songwriter better half. I don't think he wants my grunting and dumbbell clanking to show up in his recordings, hehe. Anyways, that physioball had me unexpectedly engaging my glutes during chest flies, skull crushers, and presses. Yow!

And to round off my rambling post, please enjoy a photo of my #furrytrainer1, Apollo, lounging beside some beautiful poppies that "popped" up in our wildflower garden this week. It was a nice surprise to see them. We didn't think that last year's wildflower mix even took root since they didnt show up last summer. Better late than never! It was probably the easiest garden for us because every other garden in our yard has been a major project. I think my current program is going to last me all summer what with summer activities, trips, running events, and our ongoing yard beautification project. I hope everyone else's summer (or autumn/winter in the other hemisphere) has started off with a bang!

Edited