Getting my #yardworkcomplete

I'm secretly glad it's raining today, the last three days have busted my butt with all the projects going on in our yard... Transplanting a ton of irises, yanking out yucca (which I gave to a very happy friend), preparing an unused hill (cutting roots and digging up scraggly sod) for our squash garden, transferring wheel barrels of garden brick from old garden to new, finally planting our veggie/fruit garden, and as the picture shows, rescuing a butterfly bush and a sedum from some very aggressive lilies of the valley. The pic shows just a small portion of what I dug up, which was a pain. In the end, I had dug up 4 wheel barrels of lilies of the valley and their roots. I was verrrry sore and verrrry tired by the end of the day!

So today I welcome the rain! And I believe a session of FBfit 2 is in order with a nice yoga class later in the evening with my mom.

P.s. I think all the garden work is prepping me for the adventure/obstacle race I am doing next month.... Weighted sleds? Pish, I raise you a wheel barrel of bricks... uphill. 😂💪😅