C

Hello, FB fam!

Hey, y’all! I’m not sure when I last checked in here! I wanted to make this post about a week ago, but I haven’t had time to. I haven’t been keeping up with the community as much either, but scrolling through the forums I can see I’ve missed some fun stuff going on!

Anyway, I just wanted to let y’all know that I completed the Spring Ahead Challenge, and also Kim's Kettlebell Challenge in the last couple weeks of May! I thoroughly enjoyed both! The only routine I didn’t like as much from the SAC, was the last upper body workout with Kelli. Just the speed of the routine I couldn’t seem to keep up with. I usually try to work more slowly through strength exercises and some of the older routine are a bit fast (at least for me) but other than that it was a good challenge! I really like those lower body routines, and also the upper body descending reps routine! I was so sore after that one this time around!

The kettlebell challenge was fun, too! At first I thought it would be too much lower body work with those first 3 days, but the way it was (total body kettlebell, lower Pilates, total kettlebell, upper body, total kettlebell) it just balanced out nicely. Plus, the kettlebell workouts got progressively harder, so it wasn’t too much on the legs those first few days after all. (Nice job, Kim!) I don’t have a kettlebell so a few of the exercises especially in the first video were a little hard, but I enjoyed being challenged in a different way. I liked the second and last kettlebell workouts! Those pulses hurt like crazy in the second one, and that last workout was tough, too! I remember that second one from Raven’s Kelli and Daniel challenge. I also like that bodyweight upper body routine! I forgot how tough it was! I tend to forget how hard working against your own strength can be, and it always gets me super excited when I do those kinds of routines and feel how well they work!

Anyway, I like when we do these challenges! (Seems like I like a lot of things, don’t I?😂) Everyone comes up with something fun and unique, and something you might not think to do. So thank you Sar_cass_m and Kim, for the good community challenges!😁👍🏻

Now I’m doing Sweat, and really enjoying it! I actually couldn’t decide which program to do next. I thought maybe I’d do XT since I’ll probably be doing more outdoor activities like sports, swimming, hiking, etc. But I’m not doing all that regularly yet, so I still wanted to aim for my 5 workouts a week. Anyway, I finished the challenges and only had the weekend to decide. I kept looking through my programs, being indecisive, blah-blah-blah, and it was literally Sunday night (June 2nd) that I was like, “ok, I have to make a decision for tomorrow!” 😂 I just happened to see Kristina’s review that night, (which was a great, in depth one, by the way👍🏻) and I also remembered Kelli had commented on someone’s post that Sweat was one of her favorites. Plus, I’ve read lots of other blenders post/comments on how much they like it, so I was like, “Why not do Sweat?” It was just kind of an out-of-the-blue, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants moment - haha! I just scheduled it that night, and now I’ve completed a very sweaty week one! So sweaty my eyebrows have felt plastered to my face by the end of the workouts!😂 It’s already living up to it’s name after just the first week!🥵💦 (Maybe that’s partly because I’ve had a few late in the day workouts, so it was like 90 something outside - haha!) I’ve done all the extra credits so far except day 4’s, because I didn’t have enough time (to do it all at once, or the extra credit later in the day.) I actually got sore abs from day 3, which it’s really hard for me to get sore abs for some reason, so that was super exciting - haha! I loved that routine! I liked how the hiit exercises were like balance/coordination focused, so as to engage the core more. Plus the extra credit was a good burnout, so I was pleased to feel it in my core the next day! And speaking of sore abs, you know how I told y’all about doing all of the 5 minute lower body routines together? Well, Raven and I talked about doing all of the shortest core routines together, so that’s what I did yesterday! Man, that was another good challenge and burner, and I’m feeling it again today! I like those 5 min combos, and I think I’ll do them again from time to time. (Oh, and yeah I know it was a rest day for Sweat, but I just remembered yesterday about the 5 minute core routines so I just went ahead and did it. As I already mentioned. Sometimes I just fly by the seat of my pants... I like to live in the moment.)🤪

I also wanted to let y’all know that I probably won’t be checking in much this summer. I mean, maybe y’all have already noticed that I haven’t been around that much, but I just wanted to give you a heads up anyway. I’m usually pretty busy with all sorts of personal and social work/stuff and am more active outdoors. If I have time or something to share then I’ll try to check in, but it probably won’t be that much. Anyway, I just wanted to let y’all know. Wouldn’t want to worry anyone here!😅

Alrighty, everyone! I can’t think of anything else to blab about, and I’m sure y’all have had enough exclamation marks for one day, so I’ll stop now and not bore or drive you crazy. 😂😜

I hope y’all are doing well, and if I don’t check in take care and have a great summer!

Much love to you all!

Callie

#FBfamily💙