C
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Staying Motivated After A Breakup

I've been using Fitness Blender on and off for about two months now. I haven't seen any results (probably because I'm not consistent) and it is discouraging. However, I had a great support system. My Boyfriend was always there to cheer me on. Even a simple "Let's go, babe! Get it!" helped so much. We even face-timed while he was away so we could work out together.

Last week, I started my first round of FB 30. and I was able to go the full five days without skipping a day. Then four days ago, my boyfriend broke up with me. I was (and still am) devastated. I'm going through all the emotions of a breakup. I even got to the point of thinking "what's the point in working out if I don't have anyone to share my progress with?"

However, I still haven't missed a day. I'm forcing myself to get up and get that Workout Complete instead of crying in my bed. I've found that completing my workout makes me feel a bit better, if only for a moment. I'm working out for my own wellbeing and I need to continue to preach this mantra to myself. Nobody else controls how I see myself. I may slip up sometimes, think I'm not good enough, but I'll continue to stay strong. For myself and no one else.

What do you guys do to get through the hard parts in life? How do you stay motivated after losing a job or a significant other?