“Superb views”.... well?!?! Great 13k hike!

The walker’s guidebook described our planned hike today as “superb views!!!” As we were nearing our starting point, the weather looked more and more miserable, certainly not promising for those “superb views”! But as we had driven 45 mins to get there, we thought we should give it a try!

Am I glad we did!!! The views over the Purbeck hills were indeed not superb as a mist covered most of it. But as we walked on the sun was trying hard to get through the clouds. We got to the coastal path and.... certainly NOT cloudless and sunny, but it had cleared up enough for us to enjoy those promised “superb views”! I love walking on the cliff top path with the sea on one side of us!

For lunch we walked down into one of the inlets and sat down to read our books and enjoy the sounds of the waves against the rocks (bottom left pic), it was brilliant!

When we got to the steepest descent and ascent of the day (bottom right pic) it started to rain.... The path was really strenuous but also really beautiful! The clouds had got in too much to see the view from the top there, but as we have been there before we know it is amazing!

All in all a hike we are certainly going to do again with (fit!) friends some day. And....I definitely felt proud of what my body could do today in spite of my bedraggled look (top left pic 🤣)!

#hikingthecoastalpath

#feelingfitandhealthy

#lovewhereilive

Edited