FB Strong diary: Week 3

Day 1:

So, let's start with the total body approach!

Today's workout started with a very nice, variable warm-up, and then kept the variability up throughout the whole routine. Especially in the first half, there were many exercises that combinded lower body and upper body work. This was really fun to do.

I sometimes went for a bit lighter weights than I usually use, but still tried to challenge myself. I definitely picked too much weight for the Recline Situp (18lbs). I just wasn't able to get really far down, just because my legs provided not enough counter weight x) Next time I will defintiely go lower on that one!

The burnout round directly gave an extra boost to the cardio state with 45 seconds of Jump Squads, which I really liked! The final 45 seconds plank was a bit too easy though... did alot of core work lately and I think I somehow have to increase the challenge on some exercises.

In the end, this workout was really fun, but I still had quite alot of fuel left in the tank, so I added both the new Pilates lower body routine and a short core routine with heavy focus on the obliques. All of that together left me swetting, happy and sattisfied :)

Day 2:

The second day of the third week completely put the focus on the core and I'd say this was the toughest core workout so far! Three groups of four exercises, each exercise done twice for 45 seconds... those abs were really burning in the end! :)

The highlight was definitely the Reverse Crunch in the last set. I love this exercise and tried my best to keep a good form and really tilt my pelvis upwards during the contraction.

I had special motivation on this day, becasue my wife was already done with her workout and spectated a little on what I did :)

Day 3:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I cannot remember the last time I did a workout THIS hard! :D

The combination of HIIT and heavy lifting really brought me to my limits! At the end of the HIIT part I was always completely out of breath with my heart rate skyrocketing, just to get right into the lifting part without any noticable break. Still I tried to lift as heaviely as possible, just because the whole workout motivated me so much and I was completely hyped and on fire!

Not much more to say. This is just an extraordinariely great workout and I heaviely recommend it to everybody who wants to blast alot of energy and end up with jelly arms, as well as completely drenched in sweat! Much, much love for this workout!!!

Small point by the way, the core workout from the day before resulted in some very nice, sore muscles all around the core of my body! Happens pretty rarely that I get sore from core work. Nice! :D

Day 4:

A big thanks to K&D for going easy on me today!

Sore calves, sore glutes, sore but, sore lower back, sore upper back, sore shoulders, sore chest. Hell yeah! Yesterday was amazing! xD

Today's fluid, easy stretching routine was exactly what I needed. I added a short warmup and a quick 10-minutes core routine, as well as my posture exercises and ended up feeling really relaxed. Looking forward to go back to power tomorrow :)

Day 5:

I finished the third week with a nice full body strength routine with rather complex movements.

Targeting many muscles at once gave me a really good swet and kept the cardio rate up from beginning to end. In terms of strength, there was a heavy focus on the shoulders. Reverse Lunge + Knee + Overhead Press was damn tough. I did the first set with 29 lbs, which was really brutal, and reduced the weight to 18 lbs for the second set, which was definitely a good idea! Even with the reduced weight, my shoulders were at their limit. Other muscles like biceps or chest didn't suffer that much, since the complex movements kinda forced me to go lighter on them.

Apart from my ordinary posture exercises, I also added a really nice 18-minutes core routine. I did this one a couple of weeks ago and found it almost a bit too easy. But my form on these exercises increased alot during the last weeks, so I was able to push alot harder and the workout felt extremely good :D

By the way, yesterday's stretching did a good job against my full body soreness. After the warmup, I was almost back to 100% today :)

Weekend:

Nothing too spectacular on the weekend. I did nice, relaxing stretching routines on Saturday and Sunday together with my wife to restore the energy tank for my final week of FB Strong.

To sum it up, I really enjoyed this week's change of pace. I think that I got alot out of many of the workouts, with Wednesday's monster routine being the clear highlight of the week! Also nutrition-wise, we did a good job. Six pretty healthy days, and even on Saturday, when my mother in law celebrated her birthday, we made sure to enjoy the food in moderation.

And now I am very curious what the last week has prepared for me. Power!!! :)

(As a little present for myself, I got myself these fancy new sun glasses... now Summer may come! :D )

Edited