Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Starting project "everything at once" - caution: long text!

Hey guys, maybe you remember me asking a couple days ago if I should start a schedule with 2 days of fitnessblender (fb abs 2), 2 days of running (c25k) and 2 days of classes (ballet workout & rocknroll dancing).

My goal was to increase endurance, be more energized and motivated (which for me goes hand in hand with exercising).

Taking the concerns into consideration some of you brought up, I am really focusing on listening to my body to prevent from over training.

Running: I went for a run 2 times this week, starting at the very beginning of the c25k app, so only running for one minute at a time and then walking 1,5 minutes. I quickly realized that that wasnt challenging me (which made me feel proud already), so I went to the next level for my second run (1,5 min running, 2 walking) and will continue with this level now.

But excitingly, I really enjoyed my first runs! Happy to continue this in the summer months and enjoying the warm weather outside.

Classes: my classes were a lot of fun this week, even though I always feel uncoordinated to some degree trying to do little jumps and spins in ballet workout, I like the unique style of training and the focus on posture and control. And r'n'r just is my favorite exercise anyway.

fb abs 2: the next scheduled workout would have been a brutal lower body routine, which made me aware, that I was basically already training my legs 4 times per week, with running and dancing. This often times resulted in sore muscles. So I decided to reschedule abs 2, but clicked through the plan once and scheduled the core and upper body workouts as individual routines into my calender. This way I make sure to not neglect these body parts. I now do one upper and one core day per week.

I felt better about myself this week, then I did in the last couple of months, love the feeling after exercising and moving my body. I know my mood will change here and there, and there will be rescheduling or skipping workouts sometimes. But I also know my goal and how good I am feeling right now, so on to the next week!

Thanks for your support and thanks to Kelli and Daniel for providing these awesome routines!