Today’s upper body workout ✅ earned with 9.5k kayaking trip

Today my calendar showed an upper body workout, which I thought I might have to reschedule as we had other things planned today.

I had planned a Roamblender session this morning, but with all their work commitments, only one friend said he could come. When he got out of his car, he looked tired and none too keen and I must say, after a bad night’s sleep, I wasn’t that keen either.... so we went for a nice 5.5k morning stroll along the beach!

After breakfast we went for our planned kayaking trip. It was a super day for it: not too cold and with a bit of sunshine. We kayaked over to “our” island and paddled along its shore. It was wonderful to see it from a different angle. Then we crossed over to another smaller island and on to two others before heading back to our starting point. On the way back the current and wind were against us, so my upper body (including abs!) was working very hard!!! All in all we probably kayaked between 9.5 and 10k. The photo shows what we did, but the straight lines are obviously not the wobbly wavy route we took. The whole thing took us just over two hours. We didn’t see any dolphins unfortunately, but we saw some fish jumping up out of the water. We also saw plenty of oystercatchers, some sandwich terns and loads of seagulls, one looking rather indignant at us for disturbing his pleasant spot in the sun 🤭🤣!

Then when I got home I decided I had earned my workout complete ✅: my arms and shoulders told me I had done plenty of upper body work!!! YAY...

#lovewhereilive

#enikwoonhier

#lovewhereothersholiday

#kayakworkoutcomplete

Edited