Daily Check-in: Friday, May 24th

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday) to you all!

YAY! We've made it to the start of our 3-day weekend! I'm super stoked!

And since it's Memorial Day weekend, I want to express my gratitude to all the men and women who are currently serving, the veterans, and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom. Thank you all for your service. I hope there are many celebrations of remembrance, and hopefully still some joy, for you over the course of the weekend.

And of course, I will be gone after today's check-in, so you all will be graced with the lovely Ms. Raven taking over! She does such a good job with this, and you're in for some lovely sunny Floridian photos! (YAY!) Thanks again for doing this, Raven!

Now, I wanna share with you this photo collage! Furry Trainer #2 recently discovered hummingbirds. She now waits for them to come to the feeder, and peeks around the door at them like this. It's so pure, so adorable, so sweet, that I.just.can't.even. 😭 She watches them like this, tilts her little head when they buzz or chirp, and furrows her little brow. It's beyond cuteness, so I thought I'd share!

Ok, guys, let's get back to our check-in here!

How're things going for you Blenders? Are you excited for the weekend? Do you have any fun plans? Attending any Memorial Day celebrations?

I hope that whatever you may do, that you're safe, and you have fun!

And what about some workouts for today? Are you working out, or are you resting?

I've got a nice lower body strength routine for today! But can I talk a bit about my upper body workout yesterday? So, since I went a bit heavier for my lower body work earlier this week, I decided I should give it a try with my upper body routine too. And guess what?! I was able to do shoulder presses with 25 lbs per hand!! I've never been able to do that before! (Now, granted, I could only do 8 with good form, and the last 2 reps were 'assisted' haha, but that's more than I could do before!) That's just super exciting, caz I've tried to get to this point for awhile, and it's cool that it's finally starting to happen! Ok, so now for today, with my "brutal' lower body workout, I hope I can hold the weights with my sore arms! haha

And what about some good food to refuel with for today? What's on the menu for today, Blenders?

Hubby and I are gonna make a morel mushroom and wild rice (mixed with a bit of brown rice) risotto! We've got morels (YAY) to use, and we're also going to throw in the 3 stalks of wild asparagus we found. Just the 3! haha

Alright FB Fam, that's about it for me for this Memorial Day weekend!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and an even more lovely weekend! Thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, stay safe, and have fun! And I'll be back with you all on Tuesday! Until then TTFN, ta-ta-for-now!

Edited