Daily Check-in: Wednesday, May 22nd

Hello Blenders!

How are you all doing today? We're halfway through the work week already! Yay! And with this upcoming weekend being Memorial Day, it means we're ever closer to a three day weekend too! YAASS! (Also, I'll be gone Saturday-Monday, 25th-27th, so I won't post a weekend check-in. But I'll be back Tuesday, the 28th with our regularly scheduled programming! haha)

I've also got yet another bird picture for you today! It's a Savannah Sparrow sitting in a black cherry tree! I just thought it was so pretty with the green leaves, blue sky, and happy little bird, that I wanted to share it with you all! So here ya go! haha

Alright, let's talk about some workouts for today! Is it a workout day, or a rest day for you, Blenders?

It's a workout day for me! I'll be honest about my workout yesterday (upper body), I almost didn't do it. I was gettin a headache, kinda tired, kinda crabby, it was getting later in the day (insert another excuse here lol), and I just didn't wanna. But I decided to press play on the video, and guess what? Kelli started us off with some neck and shoulder stretching, and man! Did that feel good! Really helped with the tension headache I was getting! So, getting through the warm up felt so good, that I decided to carry on with the workout. Whoo. haha.

Isn't strange sometimes, that it's like K & D know exactly the kind of workout you need? Like, they have no way of actually knowing, but you have your Workout Program scheduled, and find that they planned it out so well, that it even suits what kind of mood you're in? Maybe it's just me, but I certainly appreciate K & D's hard work and their ability to match your 'workout mood'! haha

So for today, now, I'm onto a HIIT/core combo! I'm actually excited (?) about it! haha. HIIT is not my favorite, but doing Fit Rd2 has made me appreciate it more. Plus, I'm loving core work more and more too!

Ok, and we gotta refuel after those workouts, right? So what's on the menu for today, Blenders?

I'm thinking I want to make picadillo! I haven't made it in awhile, and it sounds soooo good! With brown rice and broccoli on the side? Yes! (Here's the recipe for the picadillo in case you're interested: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257322/chef-johns-picadillo/ )

Well FB Fam, that's about it from me today!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care guys!

Edited