15k undulating walk in “Thomas Hardy” country! Beauty galore!

I am such a lucky person not to be working anymore!!! Today the weather was really nice, so a quick decision was made: let’s make sandwiches, pack water, books and our book of walks and away we go!

We did a 15k walk in Thomas Hardy country: the area where Thomas Hardy (author of beautiful books like: The Mayor of Casterbridge, Far from the Madding Crowd etc) lived. We also visited the cottage where he was born and where he wrote the first few of his books. It was a relaxing, nicely undulating walk with so much to see! Our paths were lined with all sorts of flowers (see photo). I loved the bluebells best. We saw a deer cross our path, a little snake, a partridge, geese, a rabbit etc. It was a really pleasant day! Being in shorts on a very overgrown path with stingy nettles was NOT such a great idea (top right pic) but where there are stingy nettles there are always dock leaves, so spittle on a dock leaf, rub your legs and hey presto: no more stinging....

No more FB for me today, just a stretch later on. I have some friends coming over soon to make beeswax foodwraps!

#luckytobeabletojustgooutforawalk

#beautifulscenery

Edited