C

Strong, PFT, goals, and other random topics.😄

Hello, FB family!👋🏻🤗

How are y’all doing? It’s only been about a week or so, but I’ve missed talking to y’all! 😄 I haven’t really even had time to come read the forums, but I told y’all I’d check back in after my PFT last Wednesday, so here I am! Haha!

So, I haven’t had time to really gather my thoughts for a good review on Strong, but I really, really liked this program. I was amazed, yet again, at how well K&D construct these programs, so as to work your entire body in different ways and give you enough time to recover. I’ve only done three programs so far, but I would say if you aren’t sure which program to get, get Strong! It’s obviously great if you like strength training (and know the importance of it,) but I think it’s versatile enough to where you can add more hiit, Pilates, cardio, etc if you like.

I took before and after pics for the first time ever. I upped my weight throughout the program, used weight for all the core routines, ankle weights for Pilates exercises, tried to eat more, and even though there wasn’t a whole lot of visible muscle mass gain; (I guess that’s just the way I am - haha!) I definitely noticed more tone and definition, and more strength and endurance. Even lately during my workouts, I feel much stronger and like I have better control over the movements and more endurance. All in all I really enjoyed Strong and think it’s a very good program!

Here are my PFT results. (The numbers go in order of before LI, after LI/before Strong, and after Strong.)

Mile run: 7:47 -> 7:39 -> 7:23

Push-ups: 18 half -> 24 half -> 2 full, 16 half

Squats: 120 body weight -> 170 body weight -> 119 with 20lbs

Plank: 1:45 -> 2:30 -> 2:23

Sit and Reach: 0” -> -1” -> -2” (haha) Is there a reason for that? I like to think it’s because my muscles get tighter as they get stronger, but maybe I’m just not working on my flexibility very well...🤔

(I also added a wall jump. I have such a terrible vertical, so I wanted to work my calf strength and see if I improved. I’m a little embarrassed to share those numbers, but you gotta share the good with the bad, right?)

Wall jump: 9” -> 10” (Only before and after strong.)

I’m really proud of how I cut 24 seconds off of my mile run after just 2 programs. 8 seconds from the first and 16 from the second! I haven't even been doing a whole lot of Hiit, or at least more intense hiit routines for quite a while, and I’ve still been gaining endurance from mostly strength training! (I love strength training - haha!) So yes, Strong can build cardiovascular endurance, too! I felt a little frustrated that my push-ups number went “down,” but it was hard work doing those two full push-ups with clean form! I guess it took a bit more out of me, because I could only do 16 half after that, but I am proud that I did two full push-ups with clean form! No turtle-necking my head toward the ground- haha!

Also, my brother went with me because he loves to run and has really good endurance. I think he ran a mile in like 8:16. (And he hasn’t even ran in quite a while!)

As far as the plank, I forgot about it and ran some stadium steps with my brother just for fun. Yes, “fun.” haha! Then I was like, “Aahhh, yessss! Time for the sit n’ reach, and cool down!” Then I realized I hadn’t done the plank.🙄 I was pretty mad at myself because I think my core is probably my weakest area, but I had noticed more definition and strength there during strong, and I wanted to see if I had improved! BUuut... my legs gave out first. So that was bit disappointing having a lower number, but at least I know my legs have good endurance and strength - haha!

I also wanted to mention the goals I set for myself during the month of April. I’m pretty pleased with myself for sticking to them. Some of my goals were to go to bed earlier, get up earlier, stay on track with Strong, not eat out all month, try more FB recipes, etc. I pushed myself to stick to my plans, and I’m happy with how I stayed self disciplined for the most part. I stayed on track with Strong, I didn’t eat out all month, and I tried more FB recipes! One of them being this recipe, which I’m making for dinner tonight:https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/wholesome-breakfast-burritos-perfect-on-the-go-breakfast It’s a breakfast burrito, but it’s sooo good! I was craving it today - haha!

Oh, and I was going to bed earlier at first, but... I didn’t stick to it too well.😐🤦🏼‍♀️😜

Anyway, now I’m going to do the community challenges I missed out on, and some of Daniel and Kelli’s new routines. I honestly was tempted to do Strong again, but I also wanted to do the community challenges so I decided to do that instead. I did Daniel’s latest lower body workout today, and whoo! That seemed like quite a different routine! I think it was those static holds. Even though it was all the normal exercises, it had a different burn to it! I guess I’m a glutton for punishment, because I added calf raises and narrow squats to the end. (Same 45 sec. on, 15 sec off twice through format.)xD

Oh, also! My sister’s birthdays are this weekend! Remember the Italian cream cake and the Hershey’s chocolate cake? Yeah, their birthdays.😄 Can you believe it’s already been a year?! I can’t believe how fast time flies!😱 There’s obviously been other birthdays, like my two youngest brother’s birthdays were in January and March. Unfortunately I didn’t get around to showing you all their desserts, like the chocolate cheesecake my sis made- haha!

Wow, sorry for this mile long post, my friends! Thanks for taking the time to read it, and I hope everyone is doing well! Take care, and keep up the good work everybody! I’m proud of y’all, too!💙

Love, Callie

P.S. I hope I don’t come across as bragging or prideful when I share my PFT results. I don’t want to cause any comparing whatsoever. I just want to show how K&D’s programs really do work, and I get pretty excited when I see myself improving and have to share with y’all! Haha! I hope y’all don’t mind. Thank you for how y’all have always been so supportive and excited with me! I’m proud of the FB fam, too!💙

Edited