What is your definition of a “runner”?

Today I did another practice run. I had worked out a 10k route with a good incline included. I had been feeling a bit stiff and achy all over since Friday, but I decided movement is better than no movement. So off I went: bright blue sky, 9 degrees, so perfect for running I would have thought. The promenade was rather busy with lots of people walking and running....

Anyway, why is it that when I see other people run I think of them as “runners”?! Whereas I still don’t think of myself as a “runner”.... ?! run, but think I am too slow, I don’t run long distances, I don’t run often enough etc etc, hence I do not feel like a “runner”....

That’s what made me think: what is the definition of “a runner”? What makes a person “a runner”?

After getting lost on my route and having to stop twice to get my bearings right and walking rather than running up an incline, I was rather disappointed at not being “a runner”!!!! No idea how long it took me, because I forgot to look at a watch. Anyhow, I did 10k even though the elevation was not as much as I had hoped! But at least I did run.....

Edited