Daily Check-in: Wednesday, May 1st, Happy May Day! 🌷🌻🌼🌸🌺

Hello Blenders, and Happy May Day to you all!

How are you all doing?

Do you have May Day celebrations where you live? And are you planning on joining in the revelry?

I don't know if it's just my part of U.S. or not, but May Day is not a big celebration here. Perhaps it's because it's still cold, with not even leaves growing on the trees yet, so it's hard to have a Spring celebration when there's no Spring here yet lol. It's also raining cats and dogs today, so just a gloomy day here in da UP.

Nevertheless, we can still pretend it's nice out with another chicken pic!

So today, we've got Marlboro on the left, and Hedgehog on the right. They are both true Black Jersey Giants (and much, much bigger than BBC). We got these two from a friend, alongside Fubo and Bloobo Crankins, and they were in rough shape. They were half-wild, and almost naked with no feathers. That's part of the reason Hedgehog got her name--she was mostly bare, with only a few patches of feather quills on her (she's also deaf, and makes no sounds--has nothing to do with her name, just another fact about her lol). Marlboro was pretty much in the same boat, but she got her name because her 'voice' sounds like she's smoked 4 packs a day for about 10 years. She also Never.Shuts.Up. This chicken clucks incessantly, even while eating.

Oh, and Marlboro lays a large purplish colored egg, while Hedgehog lays a very large dark brown egg that is sometimes speckled.

Yay! More chickens! haha

Anywho, how are things for you on this May Day, Blenders?

How are you feeling? Are you planning on working out today? Or is it a rest day for you?

I've actually got an almost hour long HIIT workout today. 😬 I know it'll be alright, but I'll be honest: I almost always dread pure HIIT workouts. I've got a very Golem attitude about it: "We must do the HIIT cardios, but we hates it!" haha. It's usually not as bad as I think it'll be, but I just can't help feeling a bit anxious about it.

And how about some good food goin on today to go along with your May Day celebrations (if you're celebrating, that is)? What's on the menu today, Blenders?

I'm thinkin with this rain/snow mix, that we need some soup today! I'm not sure what kind yet, but something with a bunch of veggies, methinks.

And regarding the FB Food Party: How does holding it around the weekend of May 10th sound? Do like an all-weekend long thing like we've done in the past? And have a regional/seasonal theme corresponding to where you are in the world? A dish that you'd bring to an FB Potluck, where you'd love to introduce other Blenders to? With sharing a photo and/or recipe of it? How's that sound for everybody? Let me know what you think! I love hearing from you guys!

Alright FB Fam, I'll let you all get back to it today!

I hope you all have a truly wonderful day today, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

And Happy May Day to you all! Have fun (and stay safe) while celebrating!

Edited