Breakfast inspiration

Hi All,

Was thinking I haven’t shared much food here lately so here are some of my fave breakfasts because who doesn’t get stuck for ideas for breakfast?!

Shakshuka - heat tinned tomatoes with paprika and other veg if you like eg peppers and aubergines then break eggs directly into the mixture and simmer until cooked. Served here with wholemeal sourdough bread.

Smoothie bowl - these are pretty versatile. I made this one with yoghurt, milk, berries, peanut butter and banana. Blend until thick and smooth. Top with more berries, coconut, chia seeds and chopped nuts.

Beetroot rosti veggie breakfast - grate some fresh beetroot and some raw potato and microwave slightly to soften. Shape into patties and fry until cooked through and crispy. Serve with avocado, sautéed peppers and mushrooms and a poached egg.

Veggie breakfast with haloumi - heat baked beans in a saucepan then break egg on top and cover for a few mins until cooked. Serve with grilled haloumi, mushrooms, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes and a slice of wholegrain toast.

Avocado smash brekkie - top sourdough bread with smashed avocado. Sprinkle on a little crumbled blue cheese and top with a boiled duck egg. Sprinkle with toasted pinenuts or sunflower seeds for some texture.

Seeded porridge - toast some sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and set aside. Cook whole oats in milk with a little peanut butter and honey. At the end, mix the seeds in and add some chia. You can vary the recipe - in this version I added some desiccated coconut and topped with shaving coconut and raspberries.

Happy weekend 🍳

Edited