First workout complete in a month!

Hi guys!

I went back to my home country to visit my family and attend a few functions for 20 days. Going into this vacation, I knew I wasn't going to be able to workout, and I dreaded it.

Maybe it was being with family, and being in such a busy environment, but when I got there, I felt more free than I had in a long time. During the months of February and March, I had gotten into a habit of overexercising and underrating, and this much-needed rest really helped me break out of that habit. I stopped worrying as much about calories and "bad foods" and just enjoyed myself (maybe a little too much... Indian sweets and snacks are just impossible to resist, especially when made by grandma).

Surprisingly (to me, at least), the world didn't end because I wasn't working out for an hour a day and not restricting myself from eating the things I wanted.

For the past 10 days, I've been easing myself into working out by doing some yoga and light jogging on the treadmill. And today, I did my first official workout in a month! The 20 minutes of HIIT and 15 minute of upper body strength were just what I needed.

I just wanted to share this message:

Don't feel guilty for taking a break. Don't feel guilty for enjoying yourself! You deserve it!

From now on, I'm going to do my best to focus on moderation, and finding a balance between making healthy choices and some not-so-healthy ones which will still bring joy into my life.

it's good to be back :)