S

Need support during injury

Hey Blenders,

I've been dealing with what seems to be a recurring injury and I could use some encouragement and support. I've mentioned in a few check-in posts that a few weeks ago I seem to have strained my calf muscle. It started as soreness (more than normal post-workout soreness) in both calves, but the right one cleared up in a day or so, whereas the left one hurt for 4-5 days. I was still able to walk on it and move around as usual, but it was tight and sore. After the pain subsided, I resumed workouts as usual. And things were okay for over a week, but this week something similar happened. Again, it started as tightness and soreness in both calves, but this time the right one stayed sore longer.

So needless to say, something seems to be up with my calves. I plan to see a doctor next week to get a referral to see a physical therapist. But I could use some words of encouragement, because I am feeling a bit down about it. I could especially use any "success stories" of people who had a recurring injury that they were able to nip in the bud long-term and return to their normal workout schedule without the constant interruptions.

In the meantime, I'm doing what I can. I was only about a week away from completing Fit when the second incident happened, so that is on hold for now. But I'm trying to still stay active--focusing on upper body and core, doing some extra yoga (just no balance work that might aggravate the calf muscles).

As always, thanks for being such a wonderful community to be a part of!