Delicious real food breakfast

Good morning everyone! Thought to share my breakfast this morning as it is especially delicious! I have been focusing on making small changes this month - replacing refined carbs with vegetable-focused equivalents, eating real food and preparing enough of it to avoid snacking, and changing up how often I eat during the day. So far, so good.

I was feeling very, very tired this week and had guests, so I have paused FB Adventure for a couple of days. I will tackle my next workout today!

Anyway, breakfast is half a baked sweet potato topped with a salad made of millet, cucumber, and tomato. Avocado, papaya salsa (very simple! Papaya, pickled jalapeno, and a little bit of jarred salsa, any fruit will work!), and a teeny bit of balsamic glaze on top. SO GOOD!

This was my first time preparing millet in a way that I liked. I tried it once before and some of the seeds were crunchy, some soft, and I didnt enjoy it. This time I prepared it in my pressure cooker and it is perfect! The taste to me is a bit like if corn and rice had a baby - a milder corn flavor with a starchy texture. It is a nice alternative to rice, couscous, semolina, etc. Give it a try if you can find the whole seed version (millet flours are also widely available at south asian supermarkets). I found mine in the bulk section of a supermarket called sprouts.

Take care blenders! Have a fabulous Friday!