Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Inspired by Florian P, I tried a warm-up of push-ups

This past week has not been good on the nutrition or exercise front. Three of my friends had birthdays, all involving (very delicious) birthday food, and there was an unrelated incident involving doughnuts. (You have three friends?!! Wow, congratulations Lynna! Oh shut up.) There were also several accidental rest days. And we haven't even gotten to the chocolate-filled horrors of Easter.

And just like the kids in the memes who are covered head to toe in chocolate, I regret nothing!!!

I feel like a walrus.

I did a sweaty kickboxing workout, went for a run, and followed that up with two large, consecutive meals at nice restaurants. It's a long holiday weekend! It was with friends! It was delicious. And I am so full.

After a well balanced dinner of antacids, I thought I'd clean myself out with some HIIT. A shower for my insides if you will. A good scrub down of the internal organs, an artery unclogger: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/day-3-5-day-workout-challenge-to-burn-fat-and-build-lean-muscle-hiit-cardio-and-abs

I love this workout. It's long, it's tough...but it's not so tough that I can't walk the next day. But you know what it doesn't do? It doesn't get rid of these bat wings that are attached to my arms, that's what it doesn't do.

That's why we need a push-up warm-up. (And also because I have no brakes when it comes to competitiveness.)

I think Florian did 50 push-ups for his warm-up (I should probably go find the post and link it here, but I can't be bothered). But it's a public holiday here and I don't want to have to count to 50, so I did this instead: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/at-home-upper-body-workout-quick-upper-body-strength-without-weights

I had never tried this workout before. Instead of writing a proper review, I've opted rather to attach some screen shots of Daniel's face (love you Daniel! xx). This quick little 18-minute warm up to get the blood flowing took me 54 minutes to complete!

It wasn't easy. It wasn't pretty. It was probably the hardest FB workout I have ever done. BUT I DID THE FULL VERSION EVERYTHING YEAHHHHHHHH (except tricep push-ups. Never been able to do fulls on them.) And I am warmed-up. I am so warmed-up that my arms are charred toast.

During some of my many breaks, I tried to pick up my cat. I can report back that it is very difficult to curl a tabby while in the midst of this monstrosity.

So now that I spent an hour warming up, I have had to take an hour break. To prep for that HIIT. Guys, I really don't know if I'm gonna pull off this HIIT. I think I'm gonna make a tea and decide later. I still feel like a very full walrus so I might actually do it. I think there might be something wrong with me.

Edited