Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, April 19th

Hello Blenders!

It's Good Friday, and I believe Passover starts at sundown tonight, too? No matter what you celebrate, Happy Celebrations to all on this Friday!

And how about a nice sunset reflecting in a pond for today's pic? Ok, it shall be done! haha. It was kinda a cool happenstance to see it, let alone photograph it.

So Blenders, how are you all doing today? Feeling good? Do you get time off for the Easter weekend celebrations? And do you have anything planned celebration-wise?

We (Hubby and I) unfortunately do not, but we're still gonna enjoy it, and celebrate in our own way!

And how about some good workouts to start our holiday weekend off with? Are you working out today, or are you resting?

Well, lemme tell ya, I'm just a bit sore from yesterday's lower body workout. ha. So it's a good day for upper body work, and that's what I've got scheduled for today! Whoo hoo!

And how about some good food goin on today? What's on your menu for today, FB Fam?

Um, I really don't know. haha. I think it's gonna be one of those nights where Hubby and I raid the fridge, and throw something together on the fly.

Ok guys! How about another Fitness Friday question to ponder on today?

So, this is sort of a question that I'm sure I've asked in many different ways already, but ya know, things change. People's perspectives shift, and it's always good to take stock of what's important to you.

So what I'm wondering is what is your "why" for working out? What made you start in the first place? Was it weight loss? Fat loss? Muscle gain? Endurance/stamina/overall strength increases?

We all know that the feeling of earning a Workout Complete is enough of a reason to keep us motivated, but I'm curious as to what got you started in the first place? And why that was important to you?

So, for example, I started working out because I was tired of having too much body fat. Plain and simple. As to why having too much body fat bothered me? And what made me actually want to make the change?

I guess, I was tired of watching other people live their lives. I was kinda heavy when I was a teen, and I was constantly in a state of wondering "how do other people have that much energy to get things done all day long, when I am exhausted by one simple task?". (Being teased about your weight doesn't help much either. haha) I wanted to be more like the people that got things done than be my superbly low energy self. So for me, losing the body fat was how I was gonna achieve that.

Now granted, I spent many years going overboard with lack of eating and overtraining, but I finally 'pulled my head out' and got a nice balance going on (pretty much exclusively because of finding FitnessBlender.com, honestly. So thank you again K & D for everything!).

And I never imagined I'd be able to do all the things I can do today. So it's kinda cool, and that's another thing that keeps me motivated to make this a life long thing. I don't want to go to back to feeling awful all the time.

So Blenders, what is your "why"? What got you started working out? Why was that important to you? And does that factor still apply to you today?

As always, I look forward to reading your responses, and thank you for taking the time to answer!

Ok guys, I will quit rambling now, and let you get back to enjoying your day!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

And it's Finally Friday! Whoo hoo, we made it! Great job, Blenders!

Edited