Daily Check-in: Wednesday, April 17th & Fit Rd 2 Review!!

Hello Blenders! And Happy Wednesday (or Thursday to you)!

How are you all doing today?

We're halfway through the work week, so that's at least something, huh? haha

I hope you're all having a good week so far!

And how about some workouts to start your day off? Are you working out today, or are you resting?

Well, I'm officially super sore in my upper body today (got those full-blown T-rex arms goin on again), so I'm very glad it's a core day for me!

And how about some good food goin on today? What's on the menu today, Blenders?

I'm thinkin tacos and/or taco salad! Because, tacos are never a bad choice.

Ok FB Fam, I'm gonna cut this check-in short, because I'm gonna post a Fit Rd 2 review below here, and I don't want this post to be any longer than it needs to be! So feel free to skip this next section, if you want!

Fit Round 2 Review:

Ok, so I finished my first go-through of Fit Round 2 last week. And I will tell you right off the bat that I did not do the PFTs. I wanted to, but weather didn't permit a run, so I scrapped it for now.

So Fit Round 2 is 8 weeks of at least an hour (often more) a day of workouts, 5 days a week, with optional 6th day of stretching. Pretty standard for an FB Program. The layout is usually a lower body strength/HIIT, followed by an upper body day, core day, upper body day, and lower body strength/HIIT. It has different variations of this schedule for each week, but that's pretty much the pattern it follows. It took me 9 weeks to do the program, and I really didn't do much of the extra credit workouts. I felt like I was getting my butt kicked enough with the scheduled workout that I often didn't need the extra credit too.

And like I said, the workouts are long. They are challenging. (And there are two 1000 Calorie Workouts in this program too.) I think this is the hardest part of the program--finding the time to get it done.

With that said, I started Fit Round 2 because I felt I had gotten into a workout lull. I tend to focus solely on strength training, and don't do much for cardio. As such, I felt my endurance was suffering, and I needed to challenge myself to do more. So Fit Rd 2 it was!

(I'll admit I'd had Fit Rd 2 for awhile, but was intimidated about doing it. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it was constant hour long HIIT workouts, and that turned me off to it. But I was very wrong! There's HIIT, but not all the time, and there's plenty of strength training too. Very well balanced, in my opinion.)

I have say, Fit Rd 2 was pretty tough in the beginning. It took about 3-4 weeks into the program before my body really adjusted to working out for at least an hour a day, 5 days a week. I was very tired, and constantly hungry. But I really wanted to stick with this, and give it chance. So I kept at it. Tried to get more sleep and eat a bit more. And I'm so glad I did!

The results I have gained from doing Fit Rd 2 are like nothing I expected. I wasn't really looking to do anything other than challenge myself and build endurance--and I have definitely done both! I have gained so much more stamina, that I feel like I can get through my busy days much more easily than I used to. Also, I have lost body fat. (I have a visible ab! Just the one! But I've never had visible ab muscle before--so even if it's just one, I'll take it! haha)

As for weight loss/gain? Virtually none. No difference there. Size-wise, though, I've lost the most from my waist. Not a huge amount, but enough to, again, be noticeable. In all honesty, I was already at a healthy body weight, so I wasn't looking for any weight loss or anything like that--but it is cool to lose a bit of body fat, especially around the midsection area, where it's usually the hardest to lose fat.

All-in-all, if you want a program that is challenging, that will give you unexpected results, I highly recommend Fit Round 2. My advice in approaching this program would be to not be intimidated by the hour long workouts. It's a struggle to do it, yes, but once you allow your body to get used to it, you almost start to crave that workout. And that's another thing: allow your body to adjust. If you aren't used to working out that much, expect to be tired. To be hungry. To take an extra rest day here and there if you need to. Make sure you get plenty of sleep, and eat more. You will need to.

But yeah, I'm exceedingly happy that I did this program. I'm exceedingly happy that I have visible ab (just the one! haha). I'm exceedingly happy that my overall strength, stamina, and endurance has improved. And most importantly: I feel good! I feel accomplished, I feel capable, and my joints aren't bugging me! (That was another concern of mine--that this program would specifically aggravate my knees. That wasn't the case! Because it's got a nice balance of cardio and strength, so I didn't feel like I got constant impact, even with the more difficult workouts. If that makes sense.)

So if you are looking to challenge yourself in an entirely new way: please, give Fit Rd 2 a try! It's really great, and kinda fun too! That's why I decided to start it over again. I enjoyed it so much, and this time around I'd like to try to do more of the extra credits.

I hope this helps anyone out who is looking to step up their workout game a bit! And if there's anything else you wanna know, or something I didn't answer for you, please feel free to ask me!

Thanks for reading my long rambling review!

Ok FB Fam, that'll do it for me today!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, guys!

Edited