Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Setbacks, gains & everything in between

So..I feel bad guys. I was supposed to be doing 4 Week #FBstrong along with a big group of you. Daniel is still going, for the record! He wanted me to make sure I told you guys that 😅 Unfortunately, I pushed a little too hard, a little too soon (doing yard work 🤦‍♀️😑), and I’m sidelined again - at least only in a minor, short term way this time. I didn’t listen to my own advice - the advice I repeat like a broken record; increase the challenge & intensity slowly & carefully, listen to your body, etc. So I feel a bit silly/naive/maybe even a little angry at myself.

Even though this setback could have technically been avoided, I also see it for what it is; I was feeling so good that day that I felt that I could safely push myself that hard. I was definitely overly optimistic in the moment but this is one of the many examples I see in my life right now, showing me how much stronger I’m getting and how much healing I’ve done. It’s showing me that different parts of me are disproportionately back in the game - my mind apparently a few steps ahead of my body haha - and I’ll take that for now. I just need to be more mindful in my movement and put more emphasis on really being more receptive to messages my body sends me.

Big picture, I’m feeling so much better. I’ll just keep moving forward. I’m still working out! I always stay active, but need to go easy for a little while longer. Keeping my diet as healthy & nutrient dense as possible has also been a big part of my healing & keeping a healthy body weight over this last rough 20 months or so. I’ve been working on something for beginners for a while now and this just gives me more reason to push forward on that project. How are all of you doing and feeling?! Still going strong with a program? Or are you trying today’s new workout? PS I like this picture because it looks like I might be planning world domination but really I was just thinking about dinner 😍🍽

I’m sorry I missed this round with you guys. I’m getting better every day and can’t wait to jump into a new challenge with you guys as soon as I can.

Over & out

💙Kelli