Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Getting Fit & Gaining Weight

I have been working out since university consistently (3+ times per week) which has been about 10 years. I have been working out with FB for about 4 years now (I've completed the 8 week fat loss programs, 4 week burn an 4 week butt and thighs). I'm currently 32 years old, 5'3 with an pear shaped body (broad shoulders, hour glass waist, thicker hips and thighs). In my 20s I fluctuated between 125 and 129 pounds for the most part. In my 30s I've cleaned up my diet - more plant protein, more fruits and veggies, less alcohol (though I still do have a drink or two on weekends, I used to binge in my 20's however).

My question is, how many of you are finding you're gaining weight instead of losing? In the past year I have gained 8 pounds (this morning I was 137.4) - even though I've upped my workouts to 6 days per week, I walk 8,000 - 12,000 steps a day, take the stairs at work, eat a primarily plant-based diet and watch my water intake. I know they say muscle weighs more than fat, and I've definitely been upping my strength training, but I'm starting to become concerned that my weight is out of control.

In a typical week I'll do 1 HIIT, 1 Pilates, 2 Strength (1 upper and 1 lower) and 1 core, plus walks around the neighbourhood.

Any help/thoughts/experiences would be appreciated!