D

Kick my butt or sit on my butt

Hi everyone!

I had a rough day mentally and wanted someone else's take on things. So just a little background, Im recovered from an eating disorder (and doing great these last few years!) however because of that I have very often overdone exercise. With Kelli and Daniel as role-models I have an entirely new outlook on exercise and nutrition.

One thing I still catch myself wondering thought is today should I kick my butt or sit on my butt? I had my usual scheduled stretch day (Saturday) and rest day (Sunday) but after getting home today I decided just to curl up in bed and watch the gorgeous storm. I'd love to say I was able to thoroughly enjoy my rest but I just felt guilty. After all, I had my rest days and I feel physically perfectly okay so I didn't feel like there was any valid excuse. Seeing my perfect weeks of green check marks put a damper on things.

Can anyone relate? How do you personally determine when it's okay to take another day and when to haul yourself off the couch? And finally, how do you take that extra rest and enjoy it guilt-free?

Bit of a long scattered post but I'd love to get some new perspectives!