Yummy pasta we love.

Hi! Just wanted to share a recipe my husband and I have really enjoyed. Bon appetit!

Chicken pasta with lemon, garlic, spinach and mushrooms

(Serves 2)

1 package penne pasta

1 cup grated parmesan (or more per your tastes)

3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 8oz package mushrooms, sliced

half of a bunch of fresh spinach (the bagged doesn't have enough flavor, use frozen if you can't get good fresh spinach)

1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic

Pepper

Olive oil

Garlic powder (2 teaspoons)

1/2 tsp Paprika

1 large boneless breast of chicken, fat trimmed off

To prepare:

Grill the chicken breast with some olive oil, the minced garlic, 2 tsp garlic powder, and pepper to taste. Keep a close eye on the chicken as it cooks to ensure the minced garlic doesn't burn (I remove burnt pieces as it cooks so it doesn't blacken the chicken). Meanwhile, grill the mushrooms in olive oil with another teaspoon of garlic powder, the paprika, and pepper to taste until nicely browned. Set the mushrooms to one side and cover to keep warm.

Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and just put in spinach long enough to stir it and then drain and set aside (follow instructions for frozen if you are using that instead). Boil water for pasta and add enough for two people (we use Dreamfields penne and sometimes it takes a whole box to have enough for two, sometimes 3/4 of a box), cook per package instructions. *As soon as you drain the pasta*, put it back into hot pot and place pot on a potholder - add two tablespoons olive oil, parmesan, 1 tsp pepper, lemon juice and stir vigorously until the cheese is smooth and melted. Then chop cooked spinach and add with mushrooms before stirring again. Cut up chicken on a separate plate and divide into equal portions before serving pasta on top of each portion. Enjoy!

Note: my picture doesn't include the chicken because I made it one day and was too lazy to cook the meat :P