Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, March 22nd

Hello, and Happy Friday (or Saturday) to you all Blenders!

Whoo hoo, we finally did it! We made it to Friday!

How are you all feeling today? Did you have a good week overall?

Are you feeling pretty good about yourselves? (You should be. 'Cause ya'll are awesome.)

Accomplish any goals you may have set for the week?

I am feelin alright. It's not been the best week, but all's well that ends well, right?

And we've been havin nicer weather lately, which helps. Except we are getting more snow right now! haha. It started last night, and so that's what today's pic is! It's the sunset coming through a snow squall. Kinda cool looking.

So anyway, are you lookin forward to the weekend? Have any fun plans?

It's supposed to be a B-E-A-UTIFUL sunny weekend here, so Imma be outside alllll weekend! haha

And what about some workouts happenin for today? Are you workin out or are you resting?

I've got an intense lower body strength training with Daniel today! I'm super excited for that!

And what about some good food to fuel our bad selves through our workouts?

Hubby and I still have a bit of leftovers from our meal prepping we did last Sunday, so it'll be a fridge cleanout night for us!

What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?

Ok, FB Fam! Let's have a Fitness Friday question today!

This is something I've been thinking about recently, and I wonder what you all think about this.

So we all know if we want to see improvements in our workouts/weight lifting/strength/endurance/etc, that it's up to us to push ourselves. To keep from being 'stagnant', so to speak, in our workouts.

To be honest, I'm not good at this. I'm always afraid to push myself more. I'm pretty sure my body could handle a small push, but I'm so afraid of injury (particularly my knees), that I often hold myself back. I know there's benefits to both sides of that. But I'm wondering, what do you guys think about pushing yourselves? Do you feel like you hold yourself back? Do you worry about injury?

There are times when I push a little harder in a workout, and it almost feels liberating. Like I'm telling my brain not to be scared, and we can do this. Other times, I'm so worried about blowing out a knee that I don't push even nearly enough. I think it would be irresponsible for me to injure myself, because it would incapacitate me from all aspects of my life (i.e. work, walking Furry Trainers, helpin around the house--not just working out).

So I would love your input on this. Do you think getting over the fear of pushing yourself helps you grow both mentally and physically? Or do you think it's too risky and better safe than sorry?

Like I said, I've been mulling this over and over, and would love to hear from my Fellow Blenders about this!

Alright FB Fam, I'd better get back to work!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Remember: You're only one workout away from a good mood today! 😉

Edited