The half-casual routine

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing great well today.

I see community members sharing their impressive workout schedules and routines and noticed that mine is slightly different and I'd like to share it - introducing the half-casual, low-guilt schedule I'd been keeping in the last few months :) While many members show inspiring schedules and work-out 5 times a week and sometimes more, I stick to 3-5 times a week and cut back if needed. Are there are other members like me? :)

I'd been working out with FB on and off for years and am generally health conscious. Over the years my goals changed from changing my body and losing weight to reaching a sustainable, mentally and physically healthy lifestyle that can last, and SUSTAINABLE is an important keyword here. I learned that whenever I push too hard I fall off the wagon, and the best way to sustain my habits is to make them achievable.

Most weeks I work-out 3-5 times depending on my overall schedule and physical health - if I'm very busy or if my body says 'no', I prefer to skip a workout and not risk injury (which I experienced several times in the past). I skip a workout once a month on average and occasionally choose low impact if my body feels wrong.

I also cycle about 10km daily for commute and 2-3 times a month my 'workout' is a long hike or a 40-180km cycling trip with my partner. This lifestyle took years to create, from picking up the right habits to finding a way in which they work for me personally. I tried different sports and settings until something sticked and it evolves yearly as my preferences change (or if I get bored ;)

My weight is not 'perfect', I struggle with sugar cravings and body imagine at times. I'm not the skinniest I'd ever been - but I'm the healthiest I'd ever been (and my doctor agrees :). I take pride in being able to tackle physical task, like gardening, moving furniture or even walking for hours without pain but also pride myself in suffering less and less guilt over missed workouts or a 'not so perfect routine'.

Daniel, Kelli and this community all played a huge part in changing not only my body but my mind to be its healthiest self.

Does anyone else have a similar routine? Do you ahve other ways in which you find balance in your life?