Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

I loooove breakfast!

Gooooooood morning!

Today is a rest day for me....I dont want to overwork my knees....and I've got an exam later this morning!

So here is a hearty breakfast!

If you talked to me a year or two ago, I would not have eaten like this. Two slices of toast? Whaaaaat? Whole mill? Whaaaat? But now, man, I will eat what I want! (Of course avoiding processed foods and these toasts are also homemade with whole wheat, so whole foods!) And if anyone ever feels bad about eating something, here is a trick: add a side of veggies, like my kale here with gut-friendly fermented food, and you'll instantly feel better!

On a more serious note, for anyone struggling with eating, especially with any disordered thinking....trust me, I went through that. I avoided anything with carbs in the shape of pastas, rice, potatoes. I always went for the "60calories per serving" cereals. It is hard to let yourself just eat. But if I can do it, you can, too. Taking away what your body needs....well, it leads to a trail of pain and damage, I speak from experience.

I mention this because I know a lot of our fellow FB friends are struggling with food, and I want you all to know YOU ARE NOT ALONE and it IS hard. Our brains are a funny thing. But feeling good and able to do things....that is how you can enjoy life. It's much more worthwhile to go be able to go out and explore a new state or country and have that pastry treat and laugh with family and friends than staying at home and worrying about that one extra calorie. (And that is not a criticism, don't take it the wrong way!)

I know this is a sensitive topic, but feel free to comment below with your advice for anyone who struggles with this, or feel free to comment on what you are struggling with most, even if unrelated! (Like, anyone else having fun with final exams?)

Anyhow, hoemmade wheat bread avocado toast and homemade challah almond butter toast with some kale and sauerkraut, with the obligatory coffee!

What is on your breakfast plate? I have to say, breakfast is such a great meal hehe!

Have a great day!

Anyways, enjoy yourselves while taking care of yourselves. ☺

Edited