C

Little chat, and #programcomplete!

Hello, FB Family!

How are y’all doing? I’ve been well, just busy as usual! (I feel like I always say that... I think it’s just called life. Haha!) How’s everyone adjusting to the time change? I’m still struggling, honestly. I personally can’t stand day light savings time. At least the start of it. It gets my body clock all out of whack and my sleep suffers because of it. We’ve talked about getting rid of it here in Texas, and I sure hope we do!

But, anyway... Enough complaining. Plenty of other things to be thankful for, right?😉😊

Things like the generosity of Daniel and Kelli, right? Isn’t so nice of them to be doing these weekly giveaways? They already put so much into making their amazing content affordable and accessible for everyone, and now they’re being so generous as to giving away programs! Thank you for everything, Kelli and Daniel! Y’all are the best!💙

Another thing is that I earned my second #ProgramComplete with Low Impact! 😃🎉🙌🏻

I finished last week, but I couldn’t get around to the PFT due to bad weather, so I did it on Sunday. It took me an extra week or so, but I also added the 3 day flexibility challenge in there, and a couple of Kelli’s new workouts. (Loved the latest 34 min. cardio one, by the way!😃👍🏻) I also was SOOO sore after day 9, I think it was, that I couldn’t work my lower body for like 5 days afterwards - haha! I had to schedule a few of my own days during that time.

Anyway, I thought it was a great program! It is definitely scalable. Just because it says Low Impact doesn't mean it’s “low difficulty.” I was definitely challenged and sore during this program. I will say that it doesn’t seem exactly beginner to me. I’m not saying it’s not, because I know many people have done it as beginners. I guess I’m thinking more of those brand new to exercising. It seemed more easily scalable if you are more familiar with the exercises, if that makes sense. I think the first week and a half or so is great for beginners, but then are are a few routines/exercises like the 40 min workout with K&D, (youch!) clean-and-presses, etc; that seemed a bit more advanced. Again, I know many people have done it as beginners, so maybe it’s just me. I just remember when I was first starting out that it took some time to figure out and learn what the people were doing, not to mention learning good form. (Which I didn’t really learn until I found FB.)

But then again, I didn’t start with FB, so what do I know! 😄

Anyway, I think it was a well rounded program and I really enjoyed it! I would say to anyone who is on the fence about purchasing a program to go for it! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed! I’ve only done Reach and Low Impact, so maybe I don’t have much say, but I think the programs are well worth it! I can’t tell you how nice it is having everything planned out! (And that’s coming from someone who liked making her own schedule!) Daniel and Kelli are right when they say that the programs save time and stress! Also, I think... no, I KNOW that I have seen better results and progress by using the programs! Kelli and Daniel know what they’re doing with these programs. At least from what I’ve done so far, they are well built to target all of your body in different ways; instead of you maybe picking things you like over and over, or maybe like me; not really knowing where/how all the different exercises will target your muscles, so you end up not evenly targeting your muscles. I definitely recommend investing in a program! I haven’t even done HIIT in about two and a half months, and I’m seeing just as good if not better results from doing Low Impact! I decided to just stick only to low impact exercises this time through. (Sorry for all the exclamation points. It’s just that I’m very excited from my experiences, what I’ve been learning along the way, and for all the other programs to come! I can’t get to them fast enough - haha!) I remeber when I first told y’all about the programs I bought, #AndrewComplete said not to do them all at once. I told him I certainly wouldn’t, but now I’m finding it hard not to!😂 I can’t wait to try them all! Maybe it was a bad idea buying so many at once... I guess it’s a good way to practice patience, though - haha! A whole new meaning to not rushing it and overtraining...😜😂)

So here are my PFT results:

Mile Run: 7:47 -> 7:39 (I honestly was hoping for a bit better, but it’s an improvement, right?😁)

Push-ups: 18 -> 24 (half) Time to start working on full push-ups!

Squats: 120 -> 170 (bodyweight) My legs started burning a bit after 20, and I was like, “Oh, no... this could be bad...” Somehow I made it to 170 - haha! I think I could have done a few more to burn out, but it was burning and I felt like it was going on forever. I think I’ll use some weight next time. I used a stadium bench so as to go the same depth each time, (I would tap down on the side instead of the top, and it was pretty low actually!) and I used some tips other blenders shared on thinking about pushing the floor down instead of just rising, and being intentional. I felt it through my entire legs and glutes more than mainly my quads like last time! (Thanks, blenders!😁)

Plank: 1:45 -> 2:30 (I’ve been working on my core engagement and strength during this program, and I’m happy with the improvement!)

Sit and reach: 0” -> -1” (I guess I didn’t challenge myself in the flexibility department too well...😐😆)

So there you go! Everything improved for the most part, and I’m proud of myself and look forward to continuing on!

Also, my mom and sister never got around to joining me this time through unfortunately. My mom’s been super busy, out of town; sister not available, not wanting to, etc. We tried to get started a few times, but we couldn’t get around to it. So I just kept plugging along myself, and decided give it another try again next time. I’m going to take this week off, and do the 3 day flexibility challenge. I’ve also been into riding bikes recently. It reminds me of my childhood. Racing down streets, up hills, jumping curbs, being a bit of a dare devil... it makes me feel care free and exhilarated - haha! Yes, I guess I’m a child at heart, but hey! It helps keep me young!😂 Plus it’s good exercise, right? Going up those streets and hills is a good leg burner!😆

Anyway, I’ll probably do some of the beginner routines here with my mom and sis next week, then hopefully do LI again with them.

Sorry for this mile long post, my friends! Not so “little” of a chat after all! 😬🙈

Hope everyone has a very blessed week!

#FBfamily💙

Edited