V

Troubled Feet

Hi everyone,

I have been doing FB on-and-off for about 3 years now, but only got back into it recently. I have completed the low impact program last week, thought it would be a good way to build the foundations of my future progress.

I always do my workouts with shoes on because my ankles are very much prone to injuries (both have been sprained badly multiple times in the past so they are sensitive now.) I also have relatively flat feet, which make shoe-shopping extra difficult.

I tried working out barefoot or with running shoes for impact, both made my ankles roll all the time. I wear cardio-specific shoes now, which stopped the ankle-injuries, but now I've started experiencing pain in my feet if I jump or do calf-raises. It's quite upsetting because some days I feel like I could push myself more and squeeze in a few jumps, but when it's really bad, even a boxer shuffle hurts. The pain stops instantly if I take the shoes off.

I can't decide if I should get new shoes or just keep pushing through the pain and allow some time for the muscles in my feet to develop like the rest of my body.

I would really appreciate some tips if you had similar experiences, thank you!