For me ...

My mom passed January 23, 2018, at the age of 65, after a long, hard battle with recurrent cancer. She found out she was terminal on her 65th birthday ((which also happened to be the date of her retirement party (35+ years as a registered nurse)).

It has taken me 1-1/2 years, (both during her cancer battle, and a year after her passing), to even think seriously about working out. I tried back in August and September, but it just didn’t stick. I was too physically, mentally, and emotionally drained.

I am now determined, though, to really hone in on what I am eating (and why). I guarantee I am eating at least 2 portions of food (if not more).

I am also determined to work out on a daily basis. Not just to lose weight, (and to tone), but to feel better (mentally and emotionally).

I will start slow, working my way up to more difficult workouts, taking breaks when my body says “enough.”

I know I will never be skinny, as my body was not made that way. However, I am okay with that, since I rather be strong! 💪

I will not be measuring myself against the BMI scale ... nor against anyone else... but rather against the waist-to-hip ratio, and by how I feel.

I know I will have bad days ... but I will take them in stride, learn from them, and move on!

Perhaps my getting healthier will even help my trichotillomania!

Needless to say, I am doing this for me ... for my health ... and for life!

-Cassandra 🌷