14kg post pounder.... thanks Kelli and Daniel!!!! Super proud!

Today our task at a conservation work party was renewing a fence.... which meant an awful lot of upper body work: sawing posts, ramming posts into the ground and tamping the clay down round the new posts, hammering in loads and loads of staples, rolling out barbed wire and carrying a huge roll of wire mesh fencing, together with another volunteer, down a set of steps....

The post pounder weighs 14kg: you lift it over the post, lift it up and ram it down to drive the post 40 cm into the ground! (Pic on the right) The tamper weighs 5 kg; tamping down the clay is relatively easy, but retrieving the tamper out of the clay is a task and a half! (Pic on the left.)

My upper body is super sore! I nearly dropped a (very light!) vase when I got home...🤣

As I was using the post pounder, one of the other volunteers, who is the same age as me, said: “there is no way I could do that!”

Thanks Kelli and Daniel for making me so “super strong”, because that is what I felt as I was sawing, pounding and tamping today! Thank you for making me feel proud of what my body can do!!!

#superproudofwhatmybodycando

#thanksKandD

All that is left is the “Active stretches for upper body”, another (different) date with Daniel!

Edited