Sea temp 9 degrees, air temp 11.... explains the facial expression?!?!

One of my Roamblender friends is going to take part in the Neptune Steps (together with my crazy son... this entails swimming a 400 meter stretch in a canal in Glasgow and at the same time climbing over 7 locks, with the water pouring down on you, in March with water temp of 6/7 degrees centigrade)!

My friend messaged me yesterday to ask if I was going to join him in his cold water training after Roamblender this morning?! My answer: “of course.....up to my ankles!”🤣

But as you may have gathered from earlier posts, I cannot resist a good challenge....

So after a great Roamblender session including our cooldown on the beach we got ready to go in the sea. My husband gave himself the role of ‘court photographer’ (“somebody has to witness and gather proof”!!).... he stood there shivering while my friend and me walked into the sea. I asked: “how far?” “Total submersion “ was his answer. Next thing I know there is a dip in the seabed and I fall face down in the water🥶 yikes, that was cold. But I soldiered on and we dived in together. I told him he could train all he wanted but I was going out.... easier said than done: because of the storm the other day, the seabed was covered with sandbanks and dips. It took me two minutes to get out, all the time falling back, standing up, as well as waves pulling me back. I felt drunk (at 8 in the morning!)

My face says it all!!!!! I remember the comment I made to my videoing husband: “this was NOT invigorating at all, it was flipping COLD!!”😡🥶🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#seatemp9degreescentigrade

#airtemp11degreescentigrade

#greatstarttotheday

#feettoastyagainsttheradiatornow

#loveaCHALLENGE

Edited