FB Low Impact Before & After Photos

So, I am sort of cheating. I haven't completely finished FB Low Impact, but I'm 3.5 weeks in and I wanted to share my progress, with small physical changes. I have always been sort of thin and in high school I used to participate in long-distance running etc. I've never been one for strength based activities and have always been intimidated by it.

All through my 20s (I'm now in my early 30s), my body hasn't really changed size but my ectomorph (apple shaped) frame was slowly becoming pudgy, with extra bits in the middle mostly. I've also eaten pretty poorly for some time, even though that has slowly been changing the past few years. I've ditched sugar completely now, and wheat except for real sourdough bread that I get from a bakery near me. I don't bloat much anymore, or carry ridiculous water weight like I did (especially leading up to my time of the month). The changes in my shape are not due to water weight, as my before pictures were taken after my period, during my lowest water weight time of the month. Usually I feel slimmest then. My after pictures were taken a few days ago, just before I am due for my period (so I should be at my highest water weight).

I am SOOOO glad I took the plunge and started an exercise regime. This is the first time I've ever stuck with anything and I feel healthier than I have been in a long time. I'm not groaning every time I see my body in the mirror and I am really starting to like what I see. I also don't feel so bad bending over, and I actually have to buy a new dress for a wedding next month, because I don't fit into the one I wore last year. My goal has been to look more fit and feel more strong, and I'm slowly making headway.

I don't count calories, but I sometimes track them to see where I am at with nutrients and I average about 1600-1800 a day. I find it hard to eat more than that usually, because I eat enough fat, protein and fibrous foods, so I get full easily. So for everyone worried about calories, I'd focus more on healthy whole foods, enough FAT, enough PROTEIN, enough carbs and fibre. If you get all of that you will feel satisfied. For my sweet tooth I turn to fruit and some honey in tea.

I eat full fat dairy (milk, yogurt, sour cream, butter), beef, chicken, pork, lots of fish. I'm not afraid of saturated fat. I get a mix of lean protein and fatty protein. I eat bacon most weeks. I eat white potatoes, white rice, sweet potatoes, tons of fruit and bananas, and greens. I will also eat sourdough bread and gluten-free pastas. I also eat lots of beans, but tend to stay away from most grains (except for granola and oats). I find that veggies and meat are a lot more nutrient dense and grains are really high in insoluble fibre (too much bulk), and their nutrients are a little more difficult to absorb. I also have a square of dark chocolate most days. I kind of follow Weston Price, Perfect Health Diet, Chris Kresser etc. I don't do well on carbs under 100 grams a day net. My carbs are usually around 150. Don't be afraid of carbs! They fuel you for the day and your workout. I will actually never workout unless I've had at least two meals in a day first.

I used to be afraid to workout due to nausea and overheating. I now make sure I have coconut water handy, or orange juice mixed with a high mineral content sparkling water. The electrolytes in both really help keep me feeling good. Plain water can work, but I find that without the extra electrolytes while I'm working out, I will feel nauseous. Electrolytes help to hydrate your body better than plain water.

I have been really impressed by FB Low Impact. I love the introduction it has given me to weight training, as well as some HIIT. It was a great start to working out again. It is definitely NOT easy. You will feel challenged! At least I did. I think I am ready for heavier weights though and I think 40-45 mins a day workouts will be best for me. I do think you can get results in 30 mins a day, but I would prefer to get longer strength sessions in, and proper warm up and cool down. I do think that FB could use some longer warm ups, especially for routines that are working the full body.

I have purchased FB30 Round 1, but I have looked through the videos and there is SOOO much HIIT in the program. I don't feel like I will be getting enough strength in, because the sessions are so short. I may come back to it at another time and try FB Burn. I would like to do FB abs and FB Strong in the future too. I do like the combo of 3-4 days of strength, about 2 days of HIIT thrown in and 1 day of pilates/yoga type work. I really wish Fitness Blender would show previews of the first week of every program, because without that, I really don't know the exact ratio of strength to cardio it's going to be. It would help a lot.

I don't think I am up for hour long workouts though. I enough about 30 mins with an extra credit video thrown in.

Anyways, I will report back in another month hopefully with some more results! Thanks for reading.

PS. I don't know if I've lost lbs on the scale, but I don't judge by that. I have lost about 1.5 inches around my navel and 1 inch around my high waist. The little belly is slowly melting!

Edited