Follow Up (Warning: Major Feels)

Hey guys,

Irem here. I wanted to do a follow up post after my last one.

First of all, I want to thank every single one of you who shared their stories and feelings with me from the bottom of my heart.

To know that my voice is being heard and that my concerns are seen as valid is incredibly reassuring and there's no better feeling than feeling like you belong somewhere and the feeling of being surrounded by people who care about you and who you can talk to.

I don't have a lot of friends and my relationship with my family to be honest isn't really great, so usually I tend to close in on myself and keep my feelings and thoughts to myself because I don't want to bother anyone. But ever since I started working out with Daniel and Kelli, I felt like I have found a new family, a family whom I get to see and work out with every single day. It's weird, really, how much you can connect and grow to love someone whom you only see and hear through the screen but as weird as it may sound, I really hold both of them very dear to my heart.

And ever since I started participating actively in this community thread, reading your guys' posts and writing my own and getting to talk to so many of you... it's been an incredibly journey so far and there's really far too many feelings I currently have than I could possibly put out here without flooding you guys with an essay.

I haven't been active for very long here, I've only been working out since the end of November of last year, but everything I have experienced thus far... has been... life changing to say the least.

As someone who has suffered violently from an eating disorder and a toxic relationship with exercise, Fitness Blender has been helping me get in tune with my body and allowed me to start treating myself with respect and see this entire health thing not as a one time diet but as a lifestyle and a life-long journey. I am slowly but surely allowing myself to live a more balanced life and you guys have been a huge part of the reason why this has been possible.

So I wanted to thank each and every single one of you - I heard you, I took into consideration all of those kindly written messages and I will continue to strive to better my mental and physical health and I will continue to learn without setting any boundaries or restrictions on me! It will inevitably be hard but as the kind Amelia has told me "It takes time to break habits - but it CAN be done". So I will hold onto that sentence and hope that with time and dedication, I will one day reach a place in my life in which I will be 100% calm and comfortable and in which working out and eating healthily will be a normal part of my life.

Once more - thank you guys. I truly appreciate and love you.