9.96k in 1hr11mins..... pretty pleased with myself!

A friend of mine told me (during Roamblender) I should really up my running, as I hadn’t been running for ages. So last Monday I ran for an hour, which checked out to be 8k. Then this morning I planned to run 1 hr and 15 mins and see how much that would be in distance.

Well, as I was getting to the full hour I was having a pretty hard time and felt: “there is no way I can run another 15 mins!”. So I decided to run another 5 instead. When I finished those, I thought: “what the heck, I will do another 5” which turned into 6 mins, making my total running time 1 hr and 11 mins. I was not completely happy with myself, but when I checked the distance and elevation, I was happy enough to see 9.96k and 164meters elevation! The 10k I will be doing in May is 234meters elevation. So instead of thinking “that’s not enough yet”, I was thinking: “I am getting there!”.

The weather was sunny, but windy. On some of the inclines I also had the wind against me. But the last part of my run was on the beach (mostly on the hard sand) with the wind and the sun in my back. Yay!!!

Then when I got home and looked out of the window, I saw Cyril, the squirrel, (yes, not a very original name for “our” squirrel) happily sunning himself and falling asleep in one of the trees outside our kitchen window! I sooooo wanted to change places with him.....

This picture is for all of you who are in need of some sunshine and heat.... imagine being in this spot happily snoozing away, your “happy place”?!?!?

Edited