M

shoes for women w/narrow heels?

Hi everyone,

I've been using FB for about a year and a half and I LOVE it! I've become so much healthier. :)

However, I have a hard time finding exercise shoes that fit my narrow heels. I've never officially had my heels measured, but I know my grandma had AAA heels (super narrow!) and I'm sure mine are at least AA. Shoe-hunting has been a lifelong challenge for me; I can only wear dress shoes that have straps (like Mary Janes). Needless to say, no sexy dress shoes or heels for me, ever. ;)

I've found that Altra shoes fit me really well for walking and running errands, etc, because I can tighten them at just the right place to keep them on my feet. However, they're not good for jumping and lots of sideways movements, like FB has. I am currently using a pair of New Balance 635 V2 for exercising; they lace up tightly and stay on my feet. BUT I still feel my feet sliding around. When my feet slide, I lose confidence because I'm afraid I'll injure myself, so that means I stop exerting as much effort and enthusiasm. Obviously, this puts a damper on some of my workouts because I'm trying so hard to be careful and not jump too much or too high.

For those of you who have narrow heels, you probably already understand my frustration in trying to find shoes that fit. :( Have any of you found exercise shoes for women with narrow heels, that are good for jumping and moving a lot?

Thanks so much!

-Mahri