B

Any runners? I've been having a few issues

Hi all. I've been having some issues with running here lately and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I've been running for a couple years now, but nothing major. In January I had a flair up of plantar fasciitis in both feet, which from my past experience let me know I needed new shoes. Now, I don't stray from the brand shoes I buy because in 2015 when I first had the pf, I tried everything to get rid of it. Brace at night, foot doc who made the pads for my shoes and NOTHING worked. I was resigned to the fact that it was a pain I would always have until I found a pair of Skechers on clearance at the shoe store. There is something about the memory foam that soothes it for me, since then, the only shoe on my foot is Skechers. I had even tried the Brooks for pf and they did nothing. Anyway so when the heels got tender, I picked up another pair. But I am still having issues with my left leg. The heel tenderness is gone, but 2 weeks ago, it felt like my hamstring was trying to lock up when I was running. I had just upped my speed from 5.5 mph to 6 and so I thought that I had tried to go to fast for too far, so I backed it down that day and have not run over 5.7 since. Anyway so the hamstring is better, but now I'm having shin splints in both legs when i start running, but I have the pain in the left leg when I wake up the next day too. Now the pain isn't too bad, but it seems to me like something is going on with the left side. My thoughts are:

1. I was doing strength training and if I remember correctly I was doing lower body at least twice a week, but then things got busy and I haven't been doing as much since Christmas, so maybe the lower body strength training was helping me stay injury free while running and I really need to get back to it (I've already started and have two leg days this week and another light leg day planned for Saturday)

2. Or I've got some type of muscle imbalance--- but how would I go about figuring this one out?

Just in case this info is needed: 5'2 female 160 lbs

Not a heavy runner, maybe around 10 miles a week total (spread across three days) my routine is walk @ 3.5 mph for 1/4 mi then if possible run @ 5.3-5.7 mph for 3 1/4 mile or if I don't run the full 3 1/4 I break it up into 2 mi, 1 mi, 1 mi wit@ 3.5 mph between.

Run on the treadmill

Also, what are some good lower body exercises for a runner? I've been trying lots of squats, lunges and deadlifts?

Thanks for any advice you can give.