Roamblender tonight....wet, breezy and FUN!

After we had cycled through the rain back from “our” island and got pretty wet, I put out a message to the Roamblender group: “wet and windy tonight, but I am happy to go ahead, what about you?”. On the one hand I was hoping the others didn’t want to do it, but on the other hand I also felt I would be disappointed if they didn’t.... but positive reactions soon followed my message!

We got to the beach, but it was wet and windy, (top pic shows the sea barely visible, but very audible because of the crashing waves) so we did our warm up in the shelter of a covered terrace outside a beach restaurant. With the horrible weather, there were obviously not many people in the restaurant. The not very busy waiter came to the window to watch us and joined in our jumping jacks at the end of our warm up!

Some of the exercises we did: two footed jumps against the wall, back down and into squat hold, walking lunges plus knee up up the steps, ski squat into sumo squat, walkdowns plus toe touch, bicycle crunches on a bench, whole body lifts on a bench etc. Running from one place to the next kept us nicely warm. The cooldown was away from the beach in a secluded bit of the Tropical Gardens! After our cooldown my husband insisted on taking the group to see “The Temple of Doom”.... a spot that visitors never see, a bit of cliff at the back of the gardens covered by trees and bamboo plants where people have carved faces and symbols 😱🙈. Quite spooky in the dark with just our phones to light it up!

One fun fact: the age range of our group today was 9 -62!!!! We were happily chatting away and had fun in spite of the wet and windy weather. Yay for working out together outdoors!

#workingoutintheoutdoors

#workingoutwithfriends

#wetandwindybutstillhavefun

Edited