FBChili recipe review

FB posted this recipe in the last day or two https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/flavorful-filling-pork-squash-chili and I decided to try it.

I have to say- it is a winner! So much flavor, and the best part is you get a huuuuggeee portion for only 372 calories (this will vary depending on your ingredients used- I have listed mine and the nutritional info from myfitnesspal)!

I made this in a vegetarian style, so no pork but just added extra veggies. Even with the pork, if you stick to the veggie amounts listed in the recipe you'll get a similar calorie count. This is the perfect kind of meal to make ahead and freeze for lunches or weeknight dinners when you're too busy to cook.

I'm sure everyone has their favorite chili recipes already, but I've never tried one with butternut squash before. I really enjoy the savory/sweet combo- especially with the cinnamon- but if you prefer a more savory chili it might not be your jam. Perhaps using the pork would help make it more savory- I might try it another time. I really liked it with the avocado and cilantro, and a dash of hot sauce.

Also- I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my other post about my constant hunger. I've never really tracked my food intake before, but there is a definite pattern for january and february that line up with the end of my birth control pack. The hunger was gone the day I started my new pill pack, so I'm going to chalk it up to an increase in my BMR during this time (ladies did you know our BMR fluctuates with our menstrual cycle? I sure didn't! I don't get a period so it's not even something I really think about). I'll definitely be aware of this and see if it happens again this month.

Alrighty blenders- happy weekend! I'm finishing up my last week of burn starting Sunday- and then I'm going to *try* FBAbsR1 again. I've started and stopped it like 4 times- just can't seem to enjoy it as much as some of the other programs. But I'm also starting to get bored repeating the same 4 or 5 programs...so wish me luck!