Please read...

Recently I have seen A LOT of posts regarding fellow blenders’ worries about taking time off from working out. If you are ill or feeling under the weather PLEASE give your body a rest.

I had another spout of IBS on Wednesday 13th Feb. The pain was unbearable, I just knew that there was no chance I would be able to get changed into my workout attire, never mind attempt an actual workout. Hence why I 100% rested my body for 12days. On Friday 22nd I thought I was well enough to do a workout and I psyched myself up so much that I was absolutely gutted when I came to the realisation that I still wasn’t yet ready.

But on Sunday 24th I was READY. I no longer had any stomach pain, my headaches had cleared...it was time. I was so excited to see Kelli & Daniel, I pencilled in a cardio warm up with Kelli, a lower strength, followed by an upper strength with Kelli, and a core and cool down with Daniel. I was half way through my second week of FB ABS when I became ill, so I took the main portion of the workouts that I had missed that week and sandwiched them together to create this. This totalled a 70minute workout. I burned 918 calories. As I got into the upper body section I started to become very light headed, so much so that I had to open the garage door to get some real sunlight and a nice breeze, but I carried on. As I reached the core section, I had to stop and take a seat for a few minutes because I felt so dizzy, but I carried on. During the cool down with 3 minutes to go I passed out completely, and luckily the clothing I took off during the workout had actually padded my head landing on the concrete step.

How did this happen?! I HAD waited almost 2 weeks until working out, I HAD given my body a rest, I WAS ready. I was ready. I was ready to EASE myself into working out again, I was ready to do some yoga, pilates, stretching...or even light cardio. I was NOT READY to work my entire body vigorously for 70 minutes after 2 weeks of solid rest.

I was so eager to get back into ABS that I pushed myself way too hard.

This has taught me a huge lesson, and I hope it can teach others too. Please workout mindfully and safely. When your body is telling you to stop...STOP 🛑