Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

The Importance of NO Restrictions and Indulging from Time to Time

Hello, greatest community ever!

How is your weekend going? Are you doing something fun? Are you staying in and cozy or going out? What about the eating?

So, I know some people struggle with the food part of a healthy lifestyle. Some of us feel we should never eat something less healthy and feel bad and less motivated when we eat something like that. Some others have eating disorders and don't know how to deal with them. Others are not sure of what to eat, or when, or how much, etc.

I wanted to post this because, for many years, I was always eating junk food or bag of chips or fast food all the time. My lifestyle wasn't healthy at all. I ate like that and wasn't active at all.

When I found Fitness Blender (one of the most life changing days of my life), my healthy and active lifestyle began. But, to be honest, at the beginning, it wasn't healthy either. I was very restricted about what to eat or how much. And when I got out of control, I would not stop eating unhealthy or less nutritious food again.

Little by little, I understood something: this is not a healthy and happy lifestyle, food was controlling me. So, around a year or less back, I began again, this time with a less restricted way.

I am not saying this would work for everyone but for me it has been helping bunchs! 😊

I try to eat healthy and nutritious food all week, not eating refined sugar treats, fried food, etc. But I give myself a treat once or twice a week, even with refined sugar or fried or whatever. I eat something not that healthy or nutritious, something I was craving that day or something I just wanted in that moment.

And you know what? The world don't fall down when that happens, and my healthy lifestyle don't a either.

Also, during the week, I bake or cook myself some healthier treats, sweet or salty, to be eating. So, I haven't stop eating sweets or thing I like, I have just embrace another way of eating them.

In any case, this afternoon I ate this delicious dessert called Mikao. It is layers of puff pastry with arequipe in every layer 🤤 (arequipe is a Colombian sweet treat made with milk and sugar).

I was going to eat it after dinner but my couple wanted to eat his, and I wanted to eat it with him so we did!

A year or two years ago, I would have felt bad about this. But today, I was like "ok, let's enjoy our desserts together" 😊

And, in a couple of hours, we are going out to dinner. It will probably won't be that healthy but it's ok! 😊

I am just saying, it feels very good to eat healthy food, to workout, to have a healthy lifestyle for our minds and bodies. But, it is also good and healthy to enjoy what we like, food, exercise and company wise. Life is just one, and I we must enjoy it while also being healthy! Because we can do both! 😊💪

This is a lifestyle, a way of living! We won't be able to avoid all "bad" or unhealthy food for all our lives! (Ok, maybe some people, but at least I won't 😅). And I feel that won't be healthy anyways! So there is no reason to do so! At least for me, this is a way of making this lifestyle my way of living and not something I do only for a moment, a few months or years! 😊💪

What do you think about this? And what do you do to make healthy habits a way of living and your lifestyle!?

Ok, I know this is quite long already, so bye!

Happens weekend!

Enjoy this lifestyle and enjoy life!

Edited