Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

If you’re not seeing progress- check your diet

You can’t outrun a bad diet. It sounds cliche but it’s true. I completed over 230 FB workouts last year. I didn’t monitor my diet(it was a hectic year, moved to a new country, got married, was on the road for like 3 weeks) and ended up gaining 15 pounds. I don’t blame FB for being bad at exercise- I blame my poor diet. If anything I credit FB for helping me have the energy to get through it all!

I started this year with my same goal as last year, complete 250 workouts, but I’m monitoring my calories. I’ve lost 11 pounds since January 1- and I will say that’s likely 100% due to actually staying on my calorie budget. Exercise is great for energy, endurance, lowering cholesterol and other health benefits- but it will NOT undo a bad diet. Full stop.

So if you’re struggling- try tracking what you’re eating- not even necessarily calories but just write it down. See how truly “clean” your diet is. Just my advice based on personal experience. Something that works for some people may not work for you, don’t be afraid to change things up when you need to.

Edited