A date with Daniel after 4 hours of conservation work.....

Today’s conservation work party took us to one of the stately homes around here with a beautiful landscaped park (called Kingston Lacy). We were asked to pick up and gather together laurel that had been bashed in the previous week. It was spread out over a wide area, with stumps of sawn off shrubs all over it as well as numerous rabbit holes.... i.e. a high danger of stumbling over the stumps or stepping down in rabbit holes. In fact, within five minutes of arriving at the work area, I had already managed to step into a rabbit hole, landing on my butt, of course 🤣!

Picking up bundles of branches went to my back after a while, so I decided to get the wheelbarrow and loaded that up. This meant pushing a full wheelbarrow around that uneven terrain to the fire and unloading it. I lost count of the number of fully loaded wheelbarrows I pushed around!!! My upper body was working overtime! My back was really stiff when I got out of the car at home😱.

A hot bath with Epsom salts has certainly helped! Now all that is left is Daniel’s Favourite Lower Back Stretches for Stiff Sore Muscles.... I am looking forward to my date with Daniel 😜

#anothergreatconservationworkparty

#datewithDanielnow

Edited