Organic Gluten Free Carrot Cake Recipe/for Maria F

Maria ask that I Post the following recipe. Hope everyone enjoys, I know my family is already enjoying more than their share.

Peace, love and harmony

Storm

Organic Gluten-Free Carrot Cake

Moist, delicious, and full of tasty ingredients, this cake — made with our gluten-free baking mix — comes together quickly and easily. It's great as a go-to snack, but can also serve as a special-occasion dessert. I send it to school for my daughter’s nutritional break snack.

Note: Please read and follow the recipe carefully; it calls for gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, NOT our gluten-free multi-purpose flour.

Cake

All the Ingredients are Organic

• 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Baking Mix

• 1 cup brown sugar

• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

• 1/2 teaspoon ginger

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil (I use sunflower oilL

• 4 large eggs

• 1/2 cup water

• 4 tablespoons molasses

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 2 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots

• 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained

• 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened

• 1 cup raisins

• 1cup diced walnuts

• Make sure you use our gluten-free BAKING MIX — NOT our gluten-free flour.

• You can easily cut the recipe in half but follow all directions completely

Frosting (Optional)

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter

• 1/2 cup cream cheese

• 1 teaspoon vanilla

• 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 cups glazing sugar or confectioners" sugar, sifted

• milk or cream to adjust frosting's consistency, if necessary

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9”x 13’ sheet pan Note: I do not grease my pan. (Grease an 8" x 2" square pan or a 9" x 2" round pan. Use this size pan if you cut the recipe in half but still follow instruction completely)

2. To make the cake: Stir together the dry ingredients; set aside.

3. Whisk together the melted butter or oil, eggs, water, molasses, and vanilla.

4. Stir the dry mix into the wet ingredients. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and continue to stir for about 30 seconds, until well blended. Do not use a hand mixer, blend with a spoon/spatula

5. Fold in the grated carrots, fruit, and nuts.

6. Transfer the batter to the pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes before baking. Do not skip this step.

7. Bake the cake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.

8. Remove the cake from the oven. Allow the cake to rest for 5 minutes before turning out of the pan onto a rack to cool completely before frosting. Alternatively, you can frost and serve the cake right from the pan.

9. To make the frosting: Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.

10. Add vanilla, then beat in the sugar.

11. Beat in an additional teaspoon of milk or cream if the frosting is too stiff to spread; beat in more sugar if it's too thin.

12. Spread the frosting over the cake.

13. Yield: 1 9” x 13” sheet cake or if recipe is halved one 8" square or 9" round cake.