Tomorrow's Valentine's day, and you know that means chocolate! I wanted to share 2 recipes of chocolaty treats that I love and are very easy to make.
- 120g ricotta cheese (low sodium is the best)
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 80g dark chocolate (the darkest the better)
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- cocoa, coconut flour, pistachio flour for decoration
- Melt the chocolate. In a bowl, mix ricotta with powdered sugar, then add the chocolate. When it's mixed well, add cocoa. Store in the frigde for 2-3 hours, until it's almost firm.
- Make little balls out of the mixture and roll them in cocoa powder, or coconut flour or pistachio flour (or whatever you like, really).
CHOCOLATE ALMOND TRUFFLES
Ingredients (for LOTS OF THOSE. If you want, halve them)
- 250g almond flour (or peeled whole almonds, to blend into flour)
- 250g sugar (it's a lot, so feel free to reduce it to taste)
- 3 TB of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tb of rhum (or rhum flavour if you don't drink or want to make these children-friendly)
Mix almond flour with sugar and cocoa. Slowly add rhum and water (room temperature) until the dough thickens and you can easily roll it to form little balls. These truffles have a soft, almost-but-not-quite moist texture. They melt in your mouth, basically. Put each truffle in a little paper ramekins and decorate the top with coloured sprinkles.
What are your recipes for Valentine's day? Share them!