Help quitting smoking cold turkey

Hi, FB Fam!

This is actually the first post I’ve created! I really need your help…I’ve been a smoker for a long time. I found Fitness Blender about two years ago and started making changes to my lifestyle, but smoking is the one thing I can’t seem to change (although I did reduce the number of cigarettes I smoke per day to five or six).

I’m an introverted person, and I think that smoking helps me “stay sane” in certain social situations. It also gives me the opportunity to go outside and be by myself, or it forces me to take a break from the computer (I work from home).

Anyway, the thing is yesterday I found out I might be pregnant! I have my first check-up scheduled for Monday. I’m a bit (or really) nervous, since I’m 38 (it seems that at this age it’s considered a geriatric pregnancy).

Obviously, since the moment I found out, I haven’t smoked. But help! Has anyone else had to go through something similar? Maybe not smoking, but having to cut a certain food from their diet that they loved, or something of the sort? All suggestions are welcome! You guys always have the best ideas.

Thank you!! And in a while I’m off to finish day 5 of the Kettlebell Challenge :)