B
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Does this look like a good "plan"

First off, I know the best plan is the one that works for you. But, I've been struggling with keeping a plan because I have these grand ambitions and they just don't work sometimes because things get so busy. So I decided to schedule a week with shorter workouts and see if it works for me. I would really like to do upper and lower 3 days a week but at this point I don't think it's doable. I need to work on flexibility as well. Tell me what you think.

Mondays- 15 min or less flexibility workout (I also meet my husband at the gym and we run/walk on the treadmill for about an hour after he gets off work, so I didn't figure I needed to do lower body on these days)

Tuesdays- 15 min or less lower body strength workout

15 min or less upper body strength workout

Cooldown

Wednesdays- 15 min or less flexibility workout (meet my husband at the gym on Wednesdays as well)

Thursdays- 15 min or less Ab workout

Fridays- 15 min or less lower body strength workout

15 min or less upper body strength workout

Cooldown

We also go to the gym either Saturday or Sunday morning for about an hour to run/ walk on treadmill.

I am hoping that by keeping them shorter, that I will be able to get the workouts done. I wanted to do the upper/lower body workouts on M,W,F but couldn't because I can't keep to that schedule because of the things that have to be done on those days and I also have learned from experience that even if I do a lighter "leg" day I can't get as much mileage on my runs.

Am I really going to get anything from this format? I know it will take longer to see results and I'm fine with that, I just want something that I can stick to and not get burned out because it takes too long. For the past couple weeks I was trying to do 3 days, but alternating 30 min upper and lower and if I had to miss, it just felt like my week was shot and out of balance lol.

Anything you'd change with this format? Thanks in advance for any advice you can send my way.