s
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

My schedule is about to change

I'm a morning person. I've always worked out one way or another before going to work. Most of the time it works out just fine, unless I have to be at work extra early, which happened from time to time with my previous job. I'm usually beat by the time I get home from work, and don't feel like doing anything other than necessary chores.

Now, I'm about to start a new job that starts very early. I'll have to leave for work at 5:30 in the morning. I'll get off work at 2:30 in the afternoon. An advantage I will have is that there's a gym that may be available to me at my new job, as it's at a community college with a gym. (Yay!) But I don't yet know what time of day the gym will be available. I've never been one to be energized enough in the afternoon to start a workout. And there's always other things to do when I get home from work, it seems, like pet cats, feed cats, and laze on the couch in front of the tv....

For those of you that work out after work, how on earth do you motivate yourselves?